Expectations in Discrete Math
Instructor: Mrs. Shannon Anderson Room: 212
Email and Phone Number: firstname.lastname@example.org (928)634-7531 ext. 2212
Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday during academic overtime from 11:55 to 12:21. Additional times available by appointment.
Textbook: A Survey of Mathematics with Applications Pearson, 2009.
- I will keep a classroom set for use in my classroom.
Additional Required Materials:
- Pencil, eraser, and colored pen for correcting.
- ¼” graph paper
How to succeed in this class:
- Always come to class on time and prepared to work
- All assigned work will be completed in class.
- When you are absent you have the same number of days missed to hand in all missed work for full credit. For example, if you are absent for 3 days you have 3 days upon your return to complete the missed items.
- Missed assignments can be found on my website and will need to be completed during academic overtime. http://sanderson.myteachersite.com
- Late work must be handed in by the end of the following week. There will be a 25% reduction of points earned for late work. All late work will take place in academic overtime/office hours.
- Assessment will occur on a daily basis and will be part of the ongoing educational process to enhance learning. Throughout the school year you will be evaluated as much on process as on product.
- Your grade in math will be based on your performance on homework, notes, quizzes, and tests. I will always provide you with detailed guidelines for assignments.
- Grade reports will be available online through www.mingusunion.com .
- If you do your homework and prepare well for tests and quizzes, you will do fine in this class.
Course Grade Breakdown:
- Semester/Final Exam-20%
- A 90%-100%
- B 80%-89%
- C 70%-79%
- D 60%-69%
- F Below 60%
*All Mingus Union High School rules will be enforced. See your student handbook for a list of these rules.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me at (928)634-7531 ext. 2212, or e-mail me at: email@example.com